My Final Take on This Election

trump-2

Over a month ago, I put some Trump-Pence signs in my front yard, and in the past couple weeks, they’ve been torn down, ripped apart and stolen five times. The culprits did it covertly, too cowardly to show their faces. That means they trespassed on my property, destroyed my property, stole my property and kept me from exercising my right to freedom of speech five times. That’s right:  these were the “caring,” “loving” Democrats that want “all of us to reach our God-given potential.”

There’s a lesson in this: Liberals, Democrats, so-called Progressives, the Left – whatever you want to call them, they’re all cut from the same cloth – have no regard for individual rights or freedoms, no regard for personal property, no regard for the law, no regard for men and women in uniform or anyone in authority… no regard for anyone, period, but themselves. If they believe they’re right, that’s all that matters. Firebomb a GOP headquarters, spray-paint vehicles outside a Trump rally, tear down a flag, don’t stand for the national anthem, fight the police, set fire to a city, destroy private property… No wonder their candidate is a crook. She leads them by example.

Oh, I know, the Democrats have expressed regret over the firebombing of the GOP headquarters in Orange County, NC. Well, boo, hoo, hoo. They can save their crocodile tears. Why do they think it happened? Hillary and the Democrat bosses incited those acts of hate and violence by their words. You send out enough inflammatory rhetoric, make enough hate speeches, and, eventually, people are going to get hurt. But they don’t care. They attribute hate and fear to Donald Trump, yet it’s their people that are committing these acts of hate and fear. So, on top of everything else, they’re the worst kind of hypocrites.

As I’ve said before, this election is not about the two candidates, it’s about two totally different ideologies. Tom Shuford, in his editorials, has done a wonderful job summing up the Republican side, as well as exemplifying what the ideal conservative is all about. His editorials are intelligent, well-researched, logical, professionally written and loaded with common sense. On the other hand, Ed Blair, in his editorial from about a month ago, offered us a look at the Democrat side. Basically, he cut-and-pasted a lot of catch phrases that Hillary has been feeding her followers since the election began.

Most Democrats are probably decent people, and many of them are good friends of mine, but they’re being used:  the Democrat bosses are feeding them little catch phrases and labels to put on people, so that when they go out into the world and are asked a question, they won’t have to think. They’ll just pull out one of those catch phrases or labels and slap it on. So, as you’re talking with one of them, don’t be surprised if they seem distracted. It’s because they are desperately trying to figure out which label fits you, which of Hillary’s baskets you belong in, or which of Hillary’s catch phrases they can use – not to help you reach “your God-given potential,” but to try to intimidate you. If you try introducing logic, facts or common sense into the conversation, they stare at you, as if to say, “That does not compute.” If you continue, they overheat, like the robot Robbie from The Forbidden Planet, when he was given a command that was contrary to his programming. And if you continue to press them, eventually they short-circuit, blurt something out like, “We’re no longer friends!” and go storming off.

Democrats can’t have people running around thinking for themselves – how would they control them? So, if Hillary wins – and that is a possibility, folks, unless people get out and vote for Trump – I hope you keep your pocket guide to “Politically Correct Words and Phrases” handy, because you’re going to need it in Hillary’s world. You’ll also need a copy of Karl Marx’s “Communist Manifesto,” which will be required reading. You’re going to have to show you have contempt for the law and everyone in authority. And when you leave your house, you’ll need to leave your integrity, your conscience and your brain behind. And, by all means, Truth. In Hillary’s world, truth is relative.

Okay, you ready to go vote? Na, you won’t need that voter ID. In Hillary’s world, you can vote as often as you like – even if you’re dead! Okay, let’s go. Oh, by the way:  If Hillary wins, you’ll want to pick up a copy of George Orwell’s “1984” because, brother, that’s the next item on the program.

Waitsel Smith

Waitsel Smith

Find Waitsel on Google+

Thanks for sharing ... Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone
{ 13 comments… add one }
  • Vince OKeefe October 19, 2016, 10:04 AM

Perfect, Waits. Absolutely perfect.

• Dennis Kevitt October 23, 2016, 4:54 PM

There’s just one thing. You left out a group that could have committed all those offenses, trespasses, destruction, etc. on and or of your property and liberties. How do you know it wasn’t a bunch of Republicans who are disenchanted with their party or at least with the party standard bearer, either as a group or part of a group that weren’t among the people you’ve already adjudicated as guilty? Talk about overreach!

Having said that, I deplore that and the behavior and attitudes of most of my countrymen. We are so “ready” to blame everyone or anyone else for our own lack of humility, time in prayer for the entire country and it’s leaders and our nation’s sins and our individual sins. We should be praying for the idiots that trespassed, trashed your property and disrespected you. Praying that they would turn from being a part of our national shame. We have all sinned, fallen short of the glory of God and “trashed” our “enemies” rather than unite against the actual enemy – Satan. Satan, whom God has allowed us to have the sort of leadership we deserve by our lack of true humility, confession and repentance. Or course that has led to our votes giving us exactly what we’ve deserved and it is only through Him that we can regain the blessings God used to shower us with.

• Waitsel Smith October 23, 2016, 6:39 PM

Dennis, there’s just one thing wrong with your “just one thing.” There is only one documented incident of violence by a Republican during this campaign season, and that is one of Donald Trump’s supporters sucker-punching a protester at one of his rallies. That, as far as I know, is the only incident. On the other hand, there have been hundreds of documented incidents of violence committed by Democrats and Democrat supporters during this election cycle, and thousands more, like mine, that logic would dictate could only have been committed by Democrats. But, as I indicated in my article, those that oppose Republicans don’t seem to want to look at things logically or factually.

I agree with you that we should take the high road, the spiritual road, the road of prayer. But at the same time, we should not ignore the evidence that there is a spiritual war raging right under our noses during this election. As one liberal/progressive columnist recently wrote about conservative Christians and their involvement in politics: “Fortunately, the tides of history, demography and advanced human knowledge are against them. If caring and thinking people [meaning liberals and progressives, like himself – ed.] will but stick to their principles and at least match the Right’s passion, persistence and realism, progress will continue to prevail.”

According to the entire column, Christians like Franklin Graham, whom he quotes extensively, are the enemies of progress. The thing is, liberals and their ilk continue to attack Christians and call Republicans purveyors of hate – even though there is no evidence of hate – and fear – even though there is no evidence of fear – and violence – even though there is no evidence of violence. And yet, some Christians continue to believe these lies and ignore the MOUNTAIN of evidence against liberals and their ilk that they indeed are purveyors of hate, fear and violence… and that they HATE Christians.

So, as far as whose side is the devil on in this election? Obviously, he’s on the side of Democrats because they will do the greatest damage to our Christian freedoms – just as they are already responsible for taking prayer out of our schools; for replacing God’s vision for marriage with a human vision that includes gay marriage; for the wholesale slaughter of unborn babies in this country; for causing children to be confused over who they are sexually due to the whole transgender issue; for so many woes in this country – and they have many, many more to come – because they do not respect God sovereignty and His vision for mankind. They believe they know better. And that opposition to God gets them votes with people who themselves are in opposition to God.

So, think what you will. You can ignore what’s going on in our country and say that the Republicans are as bad as the Democrats. But the evidence of how our nation has changed over the past several decades and who was responsible for those changes does not support that.

• rodlee December 2, 2016, 9:51 AM

Hey Dennis, you are clueless and have been brainwashed from watching mainstream media. Its the dems that lie and steal and destroy. They have nothing but contempt for conservative Christians and cant even think for themselves. Most have not owned a business, know nothing of our founding fathers or the price paid by our WWll veterans like my father. Most of the young democrats/liberals don’t even know if they are men or women. The cry/in with some of the universities in Conn. are an embarrassment to manhood and they couldn’t lead their hind end to the bathroom without their mothers permission. Never in my life have I seen such a waste of humanity than those that have owed their allegiance to Hilary and those like her.

• Vince OKeefe October 19, 2016, 10:08 AM

By the way, I shared this one Facebook in an effort to do the mainstream media’s job.

• Janet Spoon October 19, 2016, 10:10 AM

Waitsel, It’s so good to have your voice in this day & time. Too many people are afraid of “offending” non-Christians to even hint of being Christian. As for the election, I recently saw your sign and thought, “I really must get one for my yard.” However, the last time I put a republican sign in my yard, it was torn-up and replaced with an Obama sign. Grumbling, I pulled up Obama and stuck him in my basement for historic reference. I also like Tom Shuford’s recent remarks and dismiss Ed Blair’s rhetoric as a sad commentary on a large part of the public’s misguided thinking these days. See you tonight!

• Marci Casey October 19, 2016, 10:20 AM

AMEN and AMEN a thousand times over! Beautifully stated. Thanks!

• Nora October 19, 2016, 10:28 AM

Great thoughts, Waitsel! Your signage experience is EXACTLY why I won’t express my political views via yard signs, t-shirts or bumper stickers. I don’t want to give those who disagree with me a perceived “right” to damage my property, family, etc. If America doesn’t wake up and change things in this election I will have to remind myself of the absolute truth that God IS in control and has a reason for everything He allows. It see a Hillary win as another terrible judgement on America that He allows as a consequence of our own foolish disregard for higher thoughts and higher ways, His ways.

• Daniel Wright October 19, 2016, 10:40 AM

WOW. Excellent. Thanks, Waits. Probably your best – I totally agree.

• Joel Burke October 20, 2016, 3:55 AM

Great perspective. My simple answer is politics has degenerated into voting against someone, choosing the lesser of two evils and Trump capitalism is better than Clinton socialism.

• jeanh October 20, 2016, 10:18 AM

You are right we need to do our part, our civic duty and exercise our right in our democracy to VOTE.
    Either way God is still Sovereign on Nov. 9, 2016….